Association of Bahamas Marinas Member Benefits
- ABM Website – dedicated member page
- ABM Map Multiple Benefits: the Bahamas Cruising Map which has proved to be a popular and powerful marketing piece.
- Only ABM Members are marked on the actual map.
- The Map is distributed through sales calls to Florida yacht clubs, marinas and boat yards as well as at all major boat shows.
- The Map is used as fulfilment piece response to enquiries on boating that come into www.bahamas.com and the 1-800-Bahamas toll free number.
- Social Media – member features on our dedicated Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube channels.
- Monthly consumer boater e-newsletters
- Joint marketing efforts with the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and the promotional boards: the BOIPB, NPIPB and GBITB.
- Boater Memberships – our newest project is selling memberships to private boaters that encourage visits and stays at our member properties.
- Representation major Boat Shows per year, including
- Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Stuart Boat Show
- Yacht Brokers Show at Miami Beach
- Palm Beach Boat Show
- Trawler Fest at Riviera Beach
- Miami Boat Show
Other ABM Activities that our Members can say they Support
- Ongoing liaison and coordination with the Royal Bahamas Defence Force and local officials on repair and maintenance of aids to navigation (ATONs), lighthouse lights, other boating navigation lights and dredging around the Bahamas.
- Lobbying for favorable boating and fishing regulations with the government and tougher laws for boat theft.
- Work hand in hand with government on forming policy and dealing with yachting, fishing, taxing, and customs and immigration issues.
- Advocating for on-line boat registration and cruising payment.
- Awareness raising and coordination with government on the environmental issues impacting Bahamian waters and marinas.
Membership dues do not have to be an out-of-pocket expense for our marina members. We recommend a 2% levy on dockage in lieu of a flat rate annual fee.