Association of Bahamas Allied Member Benefits
- Networking with the top marinas / resorts / marina related companies within The Bahamas.
- Bi-monthly ABM meetings.
- ABM Website – Allied Member page with contact information and website link.
- Social Media – members are featured on the ABM Facebook page in a permanent tab that includes contact information and website link.
- Social Media Marketing – ABM shares member news and posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube channels.
- Boater Memberships – our newest project is selling memberships to private boaters that encourage doing business with our Allied Members. Members are encouraged to include Special Discounts as boater member benefit.
- ABM Map Multiple Benefits: the Bahamas Cruising Map has proved to be a popular and powerful marketing piece.
- Members are listed on the Members directory on the map.
- The Map is the major printed promotional tool used by the ABM and Ministry of Tourism at boat shows, yacht clubs and groups to attract boaters to The Bahamas.
- The Map is personally delivered to 150 South Florida marinas that cater to transient yachts twice a year. And to over 60 Bahamian marinas and marine stores.
- The map is used as fulfilment piece response to enquiries on boating that come into www.bahamas.com and the 1-800-Bahamas toll free number.
- Monthly consumer boater e-newsletters. Member news included (if provided).
- Joint marketing efforts with the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and the promotional boards: the BOIPB, NPIPB and GBITB.
- Representation major Boat Shows per year, including
- Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Palm Beach Boat Show
- Stuart Boat Show
- Trawler Fest at Riviera Beach
- Yacht Brokers Show at Miami Beach
- Miami Boat Show
Other ABM Activities that our members can say they support
- Ongoing liaison and coordination with the Royal Bahamas Defence Force and local officials on repair and maintenance of aids to navigation (ATONs), lighthouse lights, other boating navigation lights and dredging around the Bahamas.
- Lobbying for favorable boating and fishing regulations with the government and tougher laws for boat theft.
- Work hand in hand with government on forming policy and dealing with yachting, fishing, taxing, and customs and immigration issues.
- Awareness raising and coordination with government on the environmental issues impacting Bahamian waters and marinas.
Membership dues: Small Businesses (1-4 employees) $300 per annum. Large Business (5 or more employees) $525 per annum + one-time sign-up fee of $150.