The NEW Association of Bahamas Marinas
The Association of Bahamas Marinas is on a mission to establish The Islands of The Bahamas as the premier boating destination in the hemisphere.
Our association represents 48 marinas and members in The Bahamas, which plays a significant role in our nation’s tourism industry.
Our association, initially founded as the Marine Operators of The Bahamas, has rebranded and adopted the name Association of Bahamas Marinas (ABM). The ABM’s purpose is to effectively foster, enhance and promote the general welfare, harmony, competitiveness, sustainability and growth of Bahamas marinas and the related yachting and sportfishing industries. We will accomplish this through building cooperation, understanding and closer association among proprietors and operators of marinas, firms and organizations in the marina support industry and The Bahamas Government. We look to raise the profile and prosperity of The Bahamas in general and the members of the Association, and to improve service to boaters and other customers of The Bahamas marina and marine-related industries.
The ABM is creating and encouraging a national set of standards for marinas, their service levels, their safety and their efforts to conserve the environment. We are also establishing educational and training projects, certificate and related programs and research studies in order to:
- Upgrade the skills of marina operators, dock-masters and other personnel.
- Keep members informed of news and trends shaping the marina industry.
- Improve service and customer experiences.
- Improve operations and profitability of marinas.
- Educate the boating public as to proper use of our waters, marine resources and conservation efforts.
- Study and respond to issues impacting members and the marina industry.
- Promote safer recreational boating.